Use one seed to grow ten marijuana? Let a marijuana plant with excellent characteristics maintain continuous production? Let your marijuana live forever?
Cutting method to propagate cannabis
By promoting the asexual reproduction of plants, we can achieve these goals. Asexual reproduction refers to reproduction without sexual behavior, that is, the self-reproduction method in which the female calyx is not fertilized. There are many ways to promote asexual reproduction, and the most common one is cuttings.
Cuttings, also known as cuttings, are a common propagation method for cultivating plants. You can cut the stems, leaves, roots, buds, etc. of plants (called cuttings in gardening), or insert them into soil, sand, or soak them in water, and then plant them after they take root to make them become independent new plants.
Before cutting, we must prepare some necessary tools, clean plant shears or blades, rooting powder or rooting gel, rock wool or nutrient-rich soil, and if possible, a heating pad and a fluorescent light bulb can be prepared. The success rate of cuttings mainly depends on the variety of cannabis. The cannabis seeds with strong tolerance can be directly cut off and thrown into the soil. The varieties with poor tolerance can be infected and die after cutting. The second is to prevent the erosion of harmful bacteria during the entire process.
Before cutting, we have to prepare the transplant medium, sterilized soil or soaked rock wool. Rock wool is a sponge made of fibers pressed out of stone powder, and its water absorption and air permeability are very suitable for rooting.
When cutting cannabis, we cut the main stem of the upper part of the structure from healthy cannabis in the growing period, and cut the main stem with a clean blade or garden shears at a 45° bevel. The incision should be kept at a distance of about 3 cm from the upper main branch. , Let the incision maintain a relatively low level of auxin in the upper part, and then promote the differentiation of differentiated cells into root cells.
This technique is a bit similar to topping, but the topping acts on the upper branches and leaves only at the embryonic stage, and the cuttings pruning acts on the upper branches with 2 to 4 mature leaves.
If there are multiple cuttings, our order should be to handle the cuttings first and then continue pruning. Long-term exposure of the broken main stem to the air will cause oxidation and blockage of the channels in the stem.
Put the cut stems of the cuttings in the rooting gel or rooting powder solution to soak, how to soak and how long to soak different products have different instructions.
After soaking, insert the branches into the medium and give her a quiet environment to slowly grow roots.
After 7 to 10 days, the successful cuttings will grow roots and become a complete plant. Then we transplanted her into a flowerpot to continue to grow into a whole cannabis plant. After successful transplantation, the cannabis plant will re-enter the early growth period and enter a new growth cycle.
Reusable Plant Rooting Device Rooting Method
The above method is the most commonly used, and foreign growers will study this method. But in 2018, China produced a new patent, which has a higher success rate and easier operation.
This method is called Reusable Plant Rooting Device. This method has a higher success rate than the general cutting method, and is more suitable for asexual reproduction of cannabis. Not many people know this method, but it will definitely become the mainstream method of breeding cannabis in the future.
The tools to be prepared are
- Reusable Plant Rooting Device
- Plant bandage
- Wooden stick
- Ring stripper
- Sterile nutrient soil
This is the girdling shear
This method is very suitable for cannabis plants over 1 meter, which greatly enhances the breeding speed of good varieties of cannabis.
- Use ring peeling shears to cut a layer of skin on the cannabis stem. The selected parts are on the mid-to-high end or thick branches of the whole plant. Because the upper part will be cut from the node in the later stage, the upper part will differentiate into new plants, so the node should not be too low, otherwise the mother plant will die from malnutrition; and the pruned branches do not need a rest period, they will directly enter the growth period, and the pruned branches The size directly determines the length of the growth period. So take the big and take the small, take the high and take the low. The benevolent sees the benevolent and the wise.
- Fill the Reusable Plant Rooting Device with soil and compact it appropriately to prevent soil from being lost from the holes. You can add a small amount of rooting powder to promote rooting in damaged areas. Reusable Plant Rooting Device puts loose soil on the upper part and long fibers on the lower part to prevent soil erosion.
- Fasten the buckle. If there are branches next to it, you can buckle in. Tie the straps so that the Reusable Plant Rooting Device can be hung firmly on the stem. Insert a wooden stick in the flowerpot and fix the Reusable Plant Rooting Device with a strap to help the plant share the weight. If the Reusable Plant Rooting Device is selected too large, you can add some cotton straps to help fix the Reusable Plant Rooting Device.
- After waiting for about 10 days, a lot of root tissues will be gestated in Reusable Plant Rooting Device. Remove the Reusable Plant Rooting Device, cut the new plant from the lower end of the new root, and then transplant and breed.
The main advantage of Reusable Plant Rooting Device is that it can also have sufficient nutrient supply when the plant is rooting, so that the success rate of plant survival and rooting is very high. After being intercepted, it can be directly transplanted into an efficient growth period.