In areas where marijuana is illegal, the purpose of marijuana growers is basically to grow marijuana for their own consumption, or to sell to others for profit. In areas where marijuana is legal, growers have shifted their sights to a wider world and unearthed more economic value in marijuana cultivation.
There are three main aspects of economic value of cannabis cultivation：
Economic value of cannabis cultivation 1: Obtaining cannabinoids such as THC and CBD
Cannabinoids can be simply understood as the oil of cannabis, the highest content in female unpollinated cannabis flowers. The second cannabinoid content is the leaves around the female unpollinated cannabis flower.
The content of cannabinoids in the females, males, and other parts have been reduced gradually, and the order of content from high to low is:
- The female has been pollinated
- The leaves around the pollinated flower
- The top stem of female cannabis
- The top leaves and stems of male cannabis
- The lower part and root of female cannabis
- The lower part and root of male cannabis
The whole cannabis contains cannabinoids, and the content comparison is as follows:
- Mature have more cannabinoids than immature
- Cannabinoids are more in females than males
- Females not fertilized more than females fertilized
- The upper part of the structure is more than the lower part of the structure
- Healthy ones have more than dysplasia
- There are more in nutritionally adequate ones than nutritionally deficient ones
- longer growth period have more than shorter growth period
- Flowers have more cannabinoids than leaves
- Cannabis seeds are basically free of cannabinoids
In order to obtain more cannabinoids such as THC and CBD, we focus on harvesting female unpollinated cannabis flowers, as well as a few leaves and branches around the flowers, which is what we commonly call fuel.
Through processing and extraction, we can obtain high-grade hemp extracts such as hashish and CBD oil. From this aspect, the economic value of hemp cultivation is most directly reflected.
Economic Value of Cannabis Planting 2: Breeding Seeds
By successfully mating female and male cannabis, we can obtain cannabis seeds. A female cannabis flower will give birth to a cannabis seed after being pollinated. When the flower is close to withering, we can harvest the seeds.
Generally speaking, a bunch of hemp flower clusters can breed 10-50 seeds, and a whole healthy female cannabis can generally breed 100-300 seeds. When planted outdoors, with sufficient nutrition and sufficient light, it can breed at most 2000 Seeds.
After obtaining the seeds, we can plant and distribute and sell seeds at will to obtain the economic value of cannabis cultivation. Through some simple methods, we can also make the sex of the seeds all become females to obtain greater THC expectations.
Economic value of cannabis cultivation 3: cultivated varieties
There are many varieties of cannabis:
- High THC concentration
- High CBD concentration
These are some very detailed divisions, and there are some varieties that have brought great changes, such as automatic flowering, cold tolerance, rapid flowering, and spoilage resistance. The genes of these unique cannabis varieties are which we growers successfully applyied in actual cultivation.
There are also infinite possibilities:
- Growing underwater, this cannabis can grow completely underwater. Once the hemp gene that can grow underwater is combined with the high-THC variety, in a fish-cultivating paddy field, there are fish swimming on it, and high-THC hemp grows in patches at the bottom of the water. It has no smell, does not reflect sunlight, and does not Will be noticed by others. People pass by without knowing it. The benefits that this can bring are no longer on the same level as terrestrial cannabis.
- Node mutation, this trait is still very unstable at present. Favorable mutations in the node will double the production of cannabis flowers. Once the stable traits can be inherited, this variety will undoubtedly be the king of the future cannabis market.
- Longevity, the life expectancy of general cannabis is 3-9 months. But now many professional companies have begun to hybridize cannabis with some long-lived herbs and woody plants, trying to breed cannabis with a lifespan of more than 3 years or even longer. This can shorten the growth period of marijuana for several months, allowing marijuana to bloom more times.
The most promising and the most rewarding of all planting purposes
Cultivated varieties are undoubtedly the most promising and the most rewarding of all planting purposes. Excellent varieties will make your name go down in history. But the success rate of breeding varieties is also the lowest, and it is also the most time-consuming and labor-intensive.
Fortunately, there is a very simple way to breed varieties: it is to cross different varieties many times, then obtain seeds and plant again, select from the newly born plants that are close to the ideal traits, and then cross-breed again after selection, select again, cross again, and always Until this ideal trait remains stable, the benefits are unimaginable.
Most individual growers’ planting purposes belong to the first type, and most experienced growers and cannabis seed companies’ planting purposes belong to the second type. The world’s top cannabis seed companies have shifted their resources to the third type.
I don’t think that a novice grower can’t engage in the second and third planting purposes, but people love to set limits for themselves, thinking that they can’t do that, and this can’t be done. This ideological limit is the biggest obstacle to dreams. . The most difficult and basic condition for accomplishing something is to believe that you can do it from the bottom of your heart.