The evolution process of hemp thrips pests
When the plants were first invaded by them, the leaves looked like they had been burned by light, with some obvious small white spots. Many growers often think that this is because their light is too strong or the air is too dry, causing the leaves of the plant to appear bleached spots.
Thrips are common tobacco pests and diseases. They use their mouths to pierce the leaves to suck juice, and some of them can spread tobacco mosaic virus.
After a few days, the symptoms will become more obvious, and large areas of white spots will appear on healthy leaves.
Some varieties of hemp leaves contain more organic matter and juice. After they are eroded by thrips, the nutrients in the leaves will flow out from the wound, which looks shiny or has a white paste. These are all hemp. Juice extravasation.
In more serious cases, marijuana leaves will be covered with white spots, and the leaves will become white and curled due to lack of nutrients.
When there are these signs on your marijuana plant, then your marijuana is invaded by thrips.
Thrips are brown in addition to black
It can also be yellow, transparent or golden
The larvae are very small, only 0.5 mm
The larvae look like white dust on the leaves
Thrips are small in size, with a body length of about 0.5 to 2 mm. It is an omnivorous insect that eats mites and other small insects, but mainly feeds on plant sap. It is widely distributed all over the world and is one of the main crop pests.
Thrips are common in all seasons. Their flying ability and small body greatly enhance their invasion ability, whether indoors or outdoors. The peak period of invasion occurs from March to May and November to December. Thrips can reproduce parthenosexually. Males are rarely seen, mainly females. They lay eggs in the mesophyll tissue. Each time they lay about 30 eggs, the adult life span is 8-10 days, and the egg period is 5~ In 6 days, the larvae mature for about 20 days.
Thrips like warm and dry weather. Their suitable temperature is 23℃～28℃, and the suitable air humidity is 40%～70%. If the humidity is too high, they cannot survive. When the humidity reaches 100% and the temperature reaches 31℃, all the nymphs will die. .
Thrips are very common cannabis pests. Basically, a cannabis will give birth to thrips. Fortunately, it is not harmful and resistant to drugs.
- Sticky insect board, taking advantage of thrips’ habit of turning blue and yellow, set up blue sticky board in the planting environment to trap and kill adult insects, which can effectively prevent the spread of thrips.
- Spray water, put the hemp plant on the side of the pool, spray the leaves and the injured place of the plant with a watering can for a long time, which can effectively kill the larvae and wash away the eggs on the plant. It is easy to eradicate thrips.
- Thiamethoxam insecticides
- Imidacloprid insecticides
- Infrared light, use infrared light to illuminate the infected cannabis plant, increase the ambient temperature to about 35 degrees Celsius, keep it for 2 hours, and basically completely kill thrips. This method is suitable for flowering cannabis.
The biggest problem with thrips is that many novice growers mistakenly believe that it is a red spider or aphids, and take ineffective or excessive control measures.
Thrips leave the country very frequently, but the supporting role is a supporting role. With effective killing methods, it is goodbye to play two episodes at most.