There must be such tiny mosquitoes flying around in a room with a humid area. This mosquito will fly around a cool and humid place and then lay eggs.
The mosquitoes are very small, and they usually appear when the plants are overwatered or the sewers are wet for a long time. Under normal circumstances, as long as the soil surface and sewers are kept dry for more than a day, this kind of bug will disappear.
Although the worms are small, their harm cannot be ignored because their larvae can damage the roots of plants. The larvae of this kind of insects mainly feed on decaying substances and rotting fungi. Moist and dirty places are ideal breeding places for them, such as damp soil and sewer pipes. As long as there are places where rotting fungi grow, there must be such insects. And the body of this insect must carry rotting fungi. Their eggs hatch into larvae, which are extremely small and can live in 2-3 inches (5-8 cm) of soil.
Fungal larvae are the main culprit responsible for root rot in cannabis. They can spread pythmycosis and root rot to cannabis plants.
Decomposing fungi are ubiquitous in nature. Because of these decaying organisms, our nature can constantly metabolize wastes and not be covered by garbage. In general, all saprophytes are beneficial to nature. Their spores are resistant to high temperature and low temperature, acid and alkali corrosion, and have extremely strong survivability. They will attach to all animal bodies and spread, and then they will be exposed to suitable humidity and temperature. Divide and differentiate into decaying fungi. But for our plants, saprophytes are harmful.
What needs to be clear is that if we buy professional gardening soil, these gardening soils have been sterilized, and there are no rotting fungi or their spores. If we can guarantee that the spores of rotting fungi will not enter our soil, even if we water the plants more, our plants will not rot! It will never rot!
Rotting is not because of too much watering, but because of the growth and metabolism of rotting fungi! To ensure that the planting environment is clean and sterile, we do not need to worry about any rot diseases, even if we soak the plants in water, they will not rot!
How to spot fungus mosquitoes?
- The adult body of this insect is like a fly, and it is a little smaller than a mosquito. If you only see a few occasionally, it means that this insect is multiplying in your sewer. This kind of insect will not bite or bite. It likes to fly to a cool, humid place with low light. Generally, the adult will die within 3 days, and the moving distance is generally within 10 meters from the nest. Adults carry a large number of decaying spores.
- This is a photomicrograph of the larva. If observed with the naked eye, it is just a small white spot, almost invisible. Once you find this kind of bug, it means that the place has begun to rot, and there are a lot of rotting fungi around the larvae.
- Many people confuse fruit flies with this insect. Fruit flies are brown, yellow, and orange, while fungus mosquitoes are dark brown or black. Fruit flies feed on rotten fruits. They fly around rotten fruits. As long as there are no rotten fruits or vegetables, fruit flies will hardly appear. The fungus mosquitoes do not eat. They simply reproduce. They will not surround the food. They will constantly look for weak light, damp, and rotten places, and then lay eggs there, die and leave their bodies.
- Cannabis is often harmed by mushrooms and mosquitoes during the seedling and growth stages, which looks like excessive watering, abnormal pH or lack of nutrition. The leaves are damaged and the growth rate is extremely slow. These pictures show the roots of marijuana plants beginning to rot, which is the so-called root rot.
How to prevent it?
- Keep the sewer and soil surface dry. Drying is the most effective way to remove rotting fungi and mosquitoes. But prolonged dry soil may make cannabis die of thirst. If it is a drought-tolerant hemp, you can try to keep the soil dry for about 2 days, which can eliminate rotting fungi and prevent the plant from being thirst.
- Sticky insect board, fungus mosquitoes like yellow, will keep flying to the sticky insect board. Placing the sticky insect board near the sewer and infected soil can effectively kill the adult fungus mosquitoes.
- Fan, use the fan to blow the roots and stems of the cannabis with a small wind to prevent mushrooms and mosquitoes from flying in the flowerpot.
- Stop watering. Once the plants start to rot, the best way is to stop watering and try to kill the rotting fungus. This method is not suitable for marijuana varieties that like moist.
- Insecticide, spraying insecticide on the decaying place can effectively kill the adults and larvae of mushroom mosquitoes and prevent the spread of decay.
- Hydrogen peroxide and alcohol solution, four times diluted hydrogen peroxide solution and 60% alcohol solution can effectively kill the adults and larvae of mushroom mosquitoes.
- Bacillus thuringiensis, this kind of bacteria can effectively kill fungus mosquitoes, and will not harm the roots of plants, and is harmless to animals and plants.
- Replace with new soil. If such small flying insects keep flying out of your soil, it means that the soil itself contains a lot of insect eggs. Don’t hesitate to replace your plants with a clean, sterile soil. , And spray a lot of insecticides on the roots of the plants.
- If the rot is too serious, discard it directly, and spray a 95% alcohol solution in the surrounding space to sterilize and kill insects. This kind of insects and rotting fungi are very difficult to eradicate. If you find rot, you must be prepared to give up completely to prevent other plants from being infected.