Today, I will talk to readers about the specific details and specific precautions of specific germination seeds to help you effectively increase the germination rate.
Many novices or enthusiasts think that as few tools as possible at the beginning, the simpler the steps, the better, the more concise the details that need attention, the better, and they all think that a few simple operations can grow huge cannabis.
Impossible! Unless you have grown from small to large, or have been raising other flowers, the failure of novices is almost inevitable. Because you have eyes, nose, and skin, you are measuring the growth process of plants with animal sensory standards, and making mistakes is inevitable. Few people can make no mistakes in the planting process. Calm down and take your time. Don’t give up, you will be able to grow towering marijuana.
I think the germination of the seed is the most difficult step in the planting process. Once a cannabis seed germinates successfully, as long as it can grow a 1cm-long white sprout, it will surely survive. Although the variety of cannabis and the vitality of the seed itself directly determine whether it can germinate, a good germination technique can ensure that the survival rate of seeds with high vigor and good variety can reach more than 95%.
I have tried many germination techniques. The ‘Paper Towel germination method’ has the highest success rate. The success rate is basically 100%.
Necessary Tools need to prepare
Before we start, the necessary tools we need to prepare are
Temperature is the most important environmental indicator for seed germination. Above 27 degrees Celsius, the seeds are likely to turn black, and below 24 degrees Celsius, the seeds are likely to grow white hairs. These are fungi that can kill seeds. Once the fungus grows on the seeds, the color will change from healthy and tender white to light brown, black, and pale white. Then these discolored seeds are dead and they cause disease. Killing bacteria can also spread to other healthy seeds. Therefore, temperature control is very important. Temperature and humidity are the environmental indicators that need to be controlled most during the planting process. If you don’t know the specific environmental temperature and humidity, how can you accurately control it? Go buy one! It is best to be stuck strictly at 26 degrees Celsius, and the whole process can be stuck at 26 degrees Celsius. Whether it is germination or planting, 26 degrees Celsius is always the most suitable for cannabis growth!
2. Clean box
These are the boxes I use to germinate seeds. They can be transparent or opaque, big or small, it doesn’t matter. But it must be clean and airtight! ! ! It is recommended to use a clean and good quality plastic box.
There is no need to buy this from the Internet, just take a look and know the feeling. Generally large boxes of yogurt will have this similar thick plastic box. It is recommended to buy that, it is cheap and easy, no risk.
3.95% medical alcohol
Antivirus and sterilization are available at any pharmacy.
4. Clean toilet paper
Buy the kind of sturdy, big-packed tissues that won’t shed confetti, have no taste. It is still necessary to ensure sterility, the less the addition in the paper towel, the better, the virgin pulp is the best, who knows what additives in the paper towel will kill your seeds.
5. A large cabinet
I think most people will have a cabinet for clothes, a cabinet for kitchenware, and a cabinet for sundries. The shape is not important, as long as the cabinet is clean, sterile, opaque, and has a temperature range of 24 to 28 degrees Celsius. Just in time.
6. Rooting powder
1. Disinfect in advance, wipe with alcohol or spray all the tools you may use in the germination process, especially the germination box and the cup for soaking seeds. Alcohol generally has residues. Rinse the residues with clean pure water and let them stand in a clean environment until all tools are clean and sterile.
2. Plan to germinate a few seeds first. It is recommended to start with three or three. The efficiency is average, but once a mistake is made, all the seeds will not be scrapped. And the three of the three are comparative. If some seeds germinate and some die, you can at least know where you went wrong by comparing them.
3. Wash your hands and wash your hands like a doctor. Any fungal spore that is invisible to the naked eye can be reimbursed for your seeds. Choose a neat and clean operating environment. Avoid any pollution caused by oil, air, and water stains in the operating environment. I like to operate on my clean desk.
4. After opening the package, store the excess seeds first. My previous article has written the details of storage, which can be accurately controlled with a temperature and humidity meter.
5. Pour the seeds carefully into a clean container, I usually use the lid of the box. Wash your hands again, dry them with a paper towel, and then gently, slowly, and gently stroke the seeds, giving the seeds a slight stimulus, and awakening it from its dormant state.
6. Add pure water to a clean glass, plus rooting powder the size of a hemp seed, stir evenly with clean disposable chopsticks, and then put the seeds in. Don’t have redundant operations, don’t listen to those theories that force the seeds down, they are useless. Then put the glass in the cabinet you prepared and wait for 12 to 24 hours.
7. Generally in about 14 hours, you will be able to see your seed split a hole, revealing the white flesh inside. Wait until all 3 seeds are cracked or until about 20 hours, take out all the seeds with disposable chopsticks.
8. Put paper towels in the box, and make sure it is clean and sterile. It is recommended to use two paper towels and fold them in half twice, just enough to fill the bottom of the box. (This step depends on the size of the box, and you can spread the bottom completely.) Use a watering can to wet the paper towel until the paper towel is flooded, but it is just right that the water does not flow out, or you can pass it a little, and then pour the water.
9. Use disposable chopsticks to place the seeds on the edge of the box, roughly where the four black dots are on the Go board. It is best to put it in the middle of the folds of the paper towel.
10. Never cover another layer of paper towels. I don’t know why many people post videos and cover the seeds with paper towels. This method suffocates all the seeds that can germinate. Humidity I have already said, there is moisture but it does not flow out. The seed coverage cannot exceed 60%. A coverage of 50 is the most ideal, and the coverage cannot be less than 20%.
11. Cover the box and put it in the cabinet. The cabinet must be opaque, well-sealed, and clean. Then wait.
12. After waiting for 12 hours, in an environment where there is no sunlight (the light at home does not matter, it does not affect), open the box for ventilation on the one hand, and convenience for observation on the other to see how the seeds are growing.
13. Open the box every 12 hours to breathe in and see how the seeds grow. Avoid pollution and sunlight.
14. Some seeds will grow very fast, they can grow very long buds in half a day, and some seeds grow very slowly, they can only grow buds in about 3 days. This depends on the variety, the quality of the seeds, and the meticulousness of your previous operations.
15. Prepared gardening soil.
If you don’t understand, go to the flower market to see how they mix soil and see what they put. I have also written in my previous articles, so I suggest you take a closer look.
For the beautifully packaged gardening soil, pay attention to the nutrient concentration not to be too high to prevent root burning.
Soil is very important, so you can just buy the most expensive from flower market.
16. Gently bury the germinated 1cm seed in the soil, with the sprout tip facing down and the seed facing up. The bud tip is the earliest root, and the seed is the earliest leaf. Most buds are curved. This is because there is no gravity to separate the buds up and down, so the buds start to grow randomly. Once the seed is put in the soil, the tip of the sprout will grow downward and the seed will begin to grow upward. The curved sprout will look like a hunchbacked person holding his back straight. If the seeds are buried too deep or do not follow the growth pattern of the buds, it will take a long time for the seeds to emerge from the soil.
17. After burying the seeds, moisten the soil. It is the old method. It is best if the water is flooded but not running. Put the flower pots in that cabinet as well to keep the original temperature and humidity.
18. Water the seeds regularly. I usually water once every 12 hours with a few drops of water each time. The humidity here is about 40%-30%. Water less in places with high humidity. Keep the soil moist with slight moisture, but absolutely no stream of water. You can buy a soil moisture meter if you don’t know how to control humidity. Don’t be exposed to the wind, and don’t water too much. Too much humidity or too much dryness can kill the seeds.
19. Then just wait for the seeds to break out of the soil. Generally, seeds with good vigor will emerge within 24 hours, seeds with general vigor will take about 36 hours, and bad ones will take about 50 hours. But not necessarily. I once buried the seed 3cm, and it came out after 6 days and it was growing very well.
The above is the whole process of seed germination. The most fundamental factor that determines whether the germination is smooth or not is the seed itself. But if something goes wrong in the process, it is also possible to kill seeds that are already active. Remember to keep it clean and sterile throughout the whole process. The seeds are killed by fungi. These things are invisible to the naked eye. We should try to avoid the spread of fungal spores into the germination environment. And remember not to go and see if you have nothing to do. Seeing the seeds is also easy to spread the fungus.
I have said every step of the germination of seeds in great detail. There is basically no room for personal use. Strictly follow the steps in the article. I guarantee that your seeds will germinate healthy and strong buds.
If you still don’t know how to do, you can go to the flower market that specializes in selling seeds to buy tomato seeds. The habit of tomato seeds is very similar to that of hemp seeds. You can use that to practice.