Abstract Planting method: Tomato seeds need to be soaked before planting, and then planted according to a sowing amount of about 30 grams per square meter. The seedbed soil should be kept moist, the temperature should be controlled at 22-28 ℃, and the germination can be reached within 3-4 days, etc. Planting begins when it grows to 2-3 true leaves. After planting, weeding and loosening the soil should be done in time, and the base fertilizer should be the main fertilizer, and no top dressing should be required in the later stage. Planting time: spring tomato from February to May, autumn and winter from July to September, winter and spring from November to February of the following year.
Planting tomatoes can be based on the climate and temperature changes in different regions, and the planting time can be reasonably arranged. Tomatoes can be planted in spring from February to May, autumn and winter can be planted from July to September, and winter and spring can be planted from November to the next year. Planted every month.
Seed soaking and accelerating germination
The seeds need to be soaked in warm water before planting, which will help break the dormancy of the seeds and promote germination. It also has a certain effect of sterilization and disinfection.
Operation method: first soak the seeds in clean water for about 1-2 hours, then remove them and put them in warm water at 50-60°C. In order to prevent the seeds from being scalded, they need to be stirred continuously, and when the water temperature drops, You need to add water to keep the water temperature. This process takes about 15 minutes. Finally, let the seeds continue to be soaked in water for about 3-5 hours before sowing.
Three, sowing and planting
- Sow the treated seeds into the seedbed. The sowing amount per square meter is about 30 grams. It is not advisable to sow too densely.
- The seedbed soil should be kept moist and the temperature should be controlled at 22-28℃. The buds will sprout in about 3-4 days. When the seedlings grow 2-3 true leaves, they can start planting.
- When planting, the ground temperature should be controlled above 10℃, which can promote the growth of the root system and increase the survival rate.
Fourth, pastoral management
- After planting, it is necessary to carry out intertillage in time, which can be carried out together with intertillage, weeding and soil loosening, which will promote rapid rooting and slow growth.
- Tomato fertilization is generally based on base fertilizer. Sufficient base fertilizer should be applied before planting, and top dressing is not necessary in the later stage. If you want to grow tomatoes quickly, you can properly fertilize 1-2 times, and pay attention to it after every fertilization. Water immediately to reduce the fertilizer concentration and prevent root burning.
- Tomatoes can be watered reasonably according to seasonal climate changes. In summer, water should be more watered, and a small amount of water should be watered in winter. Water should be drained in time in rainy seasons to prevent too much water from rotted roots.
- Most tomato varieties need to be planted in a rack, except for a few erect varieties.