At present, there are about 450 kinds of hemp seeds on the market, about 150 kinds are very popular, about 50 kinds of genetic stability, long-term sales champion. There are about 250 species showing very unstable genetic traits due to excessive hybridization. Before obtaining seeds, we must know the varieties of hemp. This is the most basic. First, we must meet the planting environment we can provide, but we must pay attention to choosing varieties that are too suitable for the environment, which may cause species invasion! Imagine that all the flowers and grasses all over the mountains have turned into hemp grass. If the seeds you introduce cause the destruction or even extinction of precious species, the penalty in many countries is very serious, and some countries even sentence life imprisonment or death.
What kinds of hemp seeds are there?
The main varieties we can see on the market are Sativa subspecies and Indica subspecies, as well as hybrids of the two subspecies. The characteristics of these two subspecies are explained in more detail in my previous article . I hope you can examine the characteristics of the two subspecies in detail before obtaining seeds. I have also heard of a pure hemp variety called RUDERALIS, which is characterized by ultra-low levels of THC and flowering according to age.
The traits produced by crosses are diverse, and the breeder will also target the required traits. The accurate selection of traits is our main basis for selecting varieties, which can be mainly considered from the following traits.
- Automatic flowering. This trait allows marijuana to bloom without regular and stable light. It is suitable for growers who have limited funds, need to hide, and do not have time to take care of the plant. I will elaborate on this issue later when I introduce the photoperiod. However, self-flowering plants generally have relatively low levels of active substances.
- High THC. This trait allows plants to produce high levels of THC. Here I want to clarify a misunderstanding. Many people usually understand high THC as a lot of THC. This is wrong. High THC means that the content of THC is higher, that is, take off more quickly, but it does not mean that you get a lot of THC.
- High output. Plants with this trait are usually larger and bloom more densely, which means we can harvest more, more flowers, more leaves, and more stems. This planting plant will greatly consume the fertility of the soil and requires more professional fertilization, professional plant lights, good ventilation equipment, and stable control of moderate temperature. It is usually the choice of planting veterans.
- Low. Plants with this trait are usually shorter and thinner. It is suitable for very secret planting, some people can even put it in the main computer box.
- Flowering quickly. We grow hemp for the purpose of obtaining hemp flowers. The faster the flowering means the faster the harvest. Plants with this trait usually have relatively low content and levels of active substances.
- Feminization (feminization). This trait makes hemp all female plants after maturity, that is, flowering hemp, which is our main harvest object. It is currently the most popular trait on the market. Because of this type of cannabis, we don’t need to worry about fertilization that will reduce the production of active substances in female flowers, nor do we need to worry about species invasion. The main disadvantage is that it will not produce seeds (it is also possible to produce hermaphrodite plants and then produce seeds). Many experienced veterans will clone excellent plants through cuttings, and then realize the reproduction of plants.
There are many different traits on the market, carefully screened before obtaining them.
How to get hemp seeds?
Seeds are mainly obtained from friends or bought online.
There are many advantages to get from friends, high quality and low price, low risk and don’t need to spend too much time on investigating traits.
Another way is to buy from the Internet, you can buy it from private hands or from many foreign websites that sell seeds.
The advantage of private purchase is convenience, convenient payment, convenient delivery and convenient communication. But the disadvantage is that it is easy to be deceived, and once an incident occurs, it is easy to be sold by the seller.
Buying from a regular website is the choice of most people. The advantage is that we can see the detailed introduction of each variety and choose the variety that suits us. And there is a range of prices. Compared with taking the goods from private individuals, the prices are much more reasonable, but it does not rule out that some websites or varieties are particularly expensive. The disadvantage is that payment, receipt and communication are troublesome. Generally, the staff of the website selling this are very good (some are stupid and stupid, and have a bad attitude. When you encounter such a direct request for substitution, please don’t be polite. Most customer services have fixed working hours. Poor customer service, communicating with good customer service can benefit you a lot), so you must have a certain level of English communication skills. Of course, you can also use online translation, but you will inevitably fail to express your ideas. In fact, communicating with some female customer service is really a pleasure.
In addition, payment is a big problem. At present, VISA credit cards, MasterCard credit cards, bank transfers, money mailing, and Bitcoin are the main payment methods. Due to restrictions by banks and countries, many methods are very troublesome or even impossible. The most effective payment method is Bitcoin.
The last is the receipt. You know which country can sell hemp seeds, and your country’s customs staff also knows! Therefore, some shopping websites also have restrictions on delivery, and you don’t have to pay to get the goods. It is recommended to communicate with customer service staff before buying.